Gold Chanterelle Mushroom - Dried - Organic

chanterelle mushroom

GrowOKC's dried chanterelle mushrooms are a aromatic and fleshly wild mushroom. It is also known as the golden chanterelle, girolle and egg mushroom. It emits a fruity aroma and is reminiscent of apricots and is divine for cooking. Chanterelles are very high in Vitamin C, Potassium and among the richest sources of Vitamin D in food. Dried golden chanterelles have been eaten since the 1500's but it wasn't until the 1700's that they began showing up in French cuisine in the France. It was in 1836, that chanterelles began having the reputation of the best edible mushroom by Swedish mycologists. Many chefs put chanterelles in the same category with truffles and morels.


How to easily rehydrate your dried Gold Chanterelle mushrooms

Re-hydration of your chanterelle mushrooms is easy and our dried Mushrooms have a more concentrated flavor than fresh mushrooms. This is why dried mushrooms are often preferred over fresh mushrooms! Boil some water and pour into a bowl, add the quantity of gold chanterelle mushrooms you require.  Keep in mind that dried mushrooms increase in volume to 3 to 4 times. Soak your mushrooms in the hot (not boiling) water for about 20 - 30 minutes or until fully re-hydrated stirring occasionally.  The mushrooms can then be drained from the water and used. Don't throw this used water away because it is a fantastic broth that should be strained and used in many recipes for soups and stews or to compliment meat, fish or poultry dishes. You can even freeze it to use at a later date. They also make a wonderful addition to vegetarian dishes. Mushrooms should be stored in a cool, dry area in an airtight container and can be kept for over 12 months.

*We only sell the highest quality mushrooms available globally

*It is a good idea for all our customers to compare our quality.  There are many subjective factors that make the difference between high quality and poorer quality dried mushrooms, such as the amount of broken material, chips, and dust present in the product, color and discoloration of product, insect damage to wild mushrooms (it is normal with some varieties of wild-harvested mushrooms to see some insect damage that occurred while the mushroom was still alive, but it should be quite limited), amount of tough and inedible stem present on certain mushrooms (especially Shiitake), and other factors as well.  This is where our experience comes into play and keeping a close watch on all these factors.

USDA Organic - Certified Organic by Department of Agriculture

mushrooms for sale


Pin It Fancy